Primavera in Italian means first greens, and right now Gateway Estate has fresh spring greens in abundance, perfect for our Primavera with Yarra Valley Pasta’s Lemon Parsley Linguine.
- 1 packet Yarra Valley Pasta Lemon Parsley Linguine
- 1 large onion, finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 handful of green beans, topped and tailed, cut into thirds
- 1 bunch asparagus
- ½ bunch broccoli
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup of vegetable stock
- ¼ cup white wine
- 100 ml cream
- Half bunch parsley
- Bring a pot of generously salted water to boil and blanch beans, broccoli and asparagus for 30 seconds, then tip into a colander and run under cold water (this stops them from continuing to cook).
- In a saucepan heat olive oil and sauté onion and zucchini, then add garlic. Throw in a splash of white wine, followed by the vegetable stock and cream.
- In a separate pot of salted boiling water, add pasta and cook as per Yarra Valley Pasta’s instructions and drain.
- Add vegetables to the sauce, season to taste, throw in chopped parsley, add pasta and finish with shavings of Grana Padano if desired.
To make a vegan-friendly Primavera, omit the cream and Grana Padano.
Image Source: diversivore.com