As the days get longer, and the nights warmer, we savour simple dishes, like our bright tomato sauce, with Yarra Valley Gnocchi. With minimal ingredients and maximum taste, this is a summer staple anyone can master.
- 1 packet Yarra Valley Pasta Gnocchi
- 3-4 kg ripe tomatoes
- 1 bunch of basil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup olive oil
- Start this sauce by heating olive oil, throwing in chopped tomatoes, a large handful of basil, crushed garlic and season generously. Leave to simmer on a low heat for half an hour, or until tomatoes have completely broken down. (You can speed up this process with the help of a wooden spoon).
- In a separate pot of salted boiling water, add gnocchi and cook as per Yarra Valley Pasta’s instructions and drain, reserving a cup of pasta water.
- Add a splash of pasta water to the sauce, to help it bind and then throw in gnocchi.
- Serve with shavings of Parmesan and remaining fresh basil.
Any leftover sauce can be frozen, used for pizza bases or the base for any of your favourite dishes.
This meal can easily be made gluten free by using Molisana’s Gluten Free Potato Gnocchi.
Image Source: marisasitliankitchen.com