Here’s a quick easy wholesome recipe that cooks away gently all day at home while you’re out–and when you come through the front door that evening you’re met with this wonderful aroma of slow cooked beef and the knowledge that dinner’s nearly ready!
- 1 piece silverside
- 10 peppercorns
- 1/2 cup malt vinegar (or try our version–and use Ginger Beer in place of malt vinegar)!
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 onion, peeled (with 10 cloves stabbed into it
- 1 carrot (roughly chopped)
- 2 celery stalk (roughly chopped)
- Pop in slow cooker on high for 4-6 hours (or on low for 6-8 hours).
- Remove meat from cooking liquid and carve into thick slices. Traditionally it used to be served with vegetables and a white sauce, but new potatoes cooked with a sprig of mint are always popular too, served alongside veggies of your choosing.
Image Source: recipeadaptors.wordpress.com