Really impresses people, perfect as a dessert with friends, and just watch their faces as they realise the awesome combination of flavours includes strawberries with balsamic.
For the batter:
- 1 cup self-raising flour, sifted
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 free range egg
- ¾ cup of milk
- 50g butter
Macerated strawberry topping:
- 500g fresh strawberries
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- Mix flour and sugar in a bowl. Beat in the egg and milk a little at a time, until batter is smooth and lump-free.
- In a separate bowl, mix topping ingredients, cover and leave for 2 hours to allow the juices release.
- Then in a hot pan or over medium heat, brush butter over cooking surface and pour 1/4 cup measures for each pancake. When large bubbles form on the surface, flip the pancake over and cook until lightly golden on the other side.
- To serve, cover a stack of pancakes with the macerated strawberry mixture and garnish with Yea clotted cream and drizzle with sticky balsamic.
Image Credit: potsandpans.com