Here’s a local variation on the classic French salad, perfect for spring and summer, when our shelves are laden with ripe tomatoes and crisp beans.
- 250g Buxton smoked trout
- 3 free range eggs
- 3-4 Kipfler potatos, boiled and cut into quarters
- 200g beans topped and tailed and freshly boiled
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2-3 handfuls of fresh salad leaves
- A dozen olives, pitted
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. white wine vinegar
- Boil eggs for 4 minutes, then run under cold water to stop the cooking. Peel and cut into quarters (the yolks should still be moist).
- Gently mix salad leaves, warm beans, tomatoes, Buxton trout, potatoes, onion, olives and egg with EVOO (Extra Virgin olive oil) and vinegar, season with salt and pepper and enjoy!
Image Source: taste.com.au