These muffins can be adapted to any seasonal berries – try raspberry and white chocolate, blueberries with dark chocolate or a simple mixed berry!
- 1 cup fresh berries
- ½ cup broken up chocolate bits (if desired)
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 free range eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 100g butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Grease a 12-cup muffin tray or line with patty cases.
- Sift flour and baking powder into a large bowl, stir in sugar and broken up choc-bits.
- In a separate bowl, whisk milk, eggs, vanilla and melted butter until well combined.
- Using a large spoon, stir mixture into dry ingredients until just combined, then gently swirl through mixed berries.
- Spoon mixture into prepared muffin tray.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
- Stand in pans for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool, then lightly dust with icing sugar if desired.
Image Source: michellegotmarried.com