Turn simple in stupendous with our twist on the classic pumpkin soup!
- 2 x Gateway Estate butternut pumpkins
- Half a head of garlic
- 4 onions, sliced
- 1 L Moredough Kitchen Vegetable stock
- Gateway Estate Kasundi to taste
- ½ bunch of thyme, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. garam masala
- 1 potato, cut into quarters
- Remove skin and seeds from the pumpkin, cut into even sized chunks and throw onto a baking tray with olive oil and peeled garlic cloves. Roast for about 40 minutes at 180 degrees, make sure to toss regularly.
- In a pot, sauté the onions in oil, throw in finely chopped thyme and garam masala. Add stock, potato (to help thicken the soup), oven roasted pumpkin and garlic (it should be lightly browned and soft by this point). Bring to a simmer, cook until potato is soft and combine with a stick blender.
Serve soup with a generous dollop of Gateway Estate tomato Kasundi stirred through.
Image Source: taste.com.au