Karen’s sausage rolls have earned themselves (and us) legendary status! So much so, we can’t believe we are really sharing her recipe with you. Here goes…
- 1 kg Gateway Estate beef and veg sausages (squeeze the meat out of the sausage skins)
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 eggs ( 1 for mixture, 1 for glazing)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- mixed herbs
- 4 sheets of puff pasty
- Gateway Estate BBQ relish
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C.
- Place meat, breadcrumbs, 1 egg, onions and herbs in a large bowl and mix well with your hands.
- Lay out your pastry sheet and cut in half. Place the wet mixture in the middle of each half and shape into a sausage along the length of pastry.
- Roll pastry around the mixture and seal by pinching pastry together with fingers. Place sealed edge down on cutting board and cut into 3cm pieces with a sharp knife.
- Place rolls on trays lined with baking paper, glaze with egg and bake in hot oven for 15 minutes. Then reduce temperature to 170°C and bake for a further 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with Gateway Estate BBQ relish
Image Source: mumspantry.com.au